Sunday 2 February 2014

AUTHOR'S NOTE

“The crimes of great criminals go unpunished but the crimes of the greatest go unnoticed.”
                                                                                  -Moriarty


Life is full of ironies. Why else should I, Sebastian Moran, be serving a sentence for the murder of that nincompoop Ronald Adair, when Sherlock Holmes walks scot free after murdering the greatest mind of our times? The public has been showering adulation on Mr. Holmes after reading the stories of his faithful friend Dr. Watson. As a trusted friend of Moriarty, I therefore find it my duty to reveal the genius of my dear friend. What better way to do so other than by narrating how Moriarty committed a crime right under the nose of Mr. Holmes? The case of The Hound of Baskervilles may still be fresh in public memory. I myself refer to it as The Haunt of Baskervilles for it was our first case together and was memorable for the visit of Rodger Baskerville and his wife to our humble quarters at Conduit Street.

Yours Sincerely,
Sebastian Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment